It is easy to take screenshots of the photos and pictures that your friends upload on their WhatsApp statuses. The screenshots gets saved inside your gallery and you can access them at any time you want. But what in the case of videos? How will you save them to your device? It feels uneasy to perpetually ask for the video in the chat section from the same person again and again.
If you Google this query on how to download WhatsApp status videos on your smartphone or something like that you will find that almost all the websites present out there will explain you the same method.
Here is the common method:
- Download Files by Google from the Google Play Store.
- Open it and click on the Hamburger button located at the top left corner.
- Go to settings and press the toggle button in front of the “Show hidden files”
- Open File Manager of your phone and go to internal storage.
- Select WhatsApp > Media > ”.Statuses”
- All the status that you have viewed on your WhatsApp will be shown up in the “.Statutes” folder.
- Long press on the video that you want to download and select copy.
- Paste it in your desired location.
The above method didn’t work for me. I am using Xiaomi’s Redmi device. Redmi devices don’t bear this “.Statuses” folder feature.
Maybe this method will work for you if you are on a different Android device like Samsung, Motorola, Google Pixel, etc.
The Easiest Way
Anyhow the above method is quite lengthy and the most comfortable way to download WhatsApp status videos is by using the MX Player app.
Open MX Player > Local > Save WhatsApp Status
Save your favorite WhatsApp status videos by tapping the video once. The saved videos can be accessed from the MX Player itself inside the Saved Section that is present beside the Status Videos Window.
In case you want to share the video with your friends just open the video > select three-dot icon > tools > share.
If MX Player is an oversized app for your device
Unfortunately, if you don’t have enough storage on your device to download large apps like MX Player you can go for the “Status Saver” app. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for free.
This app is specifically made for downloading WhatsApp status photos and videos in your device. There are a lot of similar apps available on the Play Store but I suggest “Status Saver”. It is quite popular.
If you are using the WhatsApp Web
You can also download WhatsApp status videos if you are on the WhatsApp Web platform. The best part is that, by using the WhatsApp Web service, you don’t need to install any external software or third party app. You can directly save the status videos in your computer.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer.
- Click on the Status icon to open the status window.
- Select status and right-click anywhere on the video bounded screen.
- Select “Save Video As” and save it to your favorite location.