How to Hide Likes on Instagram
In a bid to enhance users’ experience, Instagram introduced a feature in 2021 that allows you hide likes and view counts on all posts within your feed. This strategic move is aimed at encouraging users to focus more on the content itself rather than its popularity.
This update not only empowers users to hide like and view counts on posts within their feed but also extends the option to conceal these metrics on their own posts from other users. Whether done before posting or retroactively, users now have greater control over the visibility of engagement metrics.
To guide you through the process of hiding Instagram likes, follow these steps:
How to hide likes on other accounts:
- Open your Instagram profile.
- Select the three black lines in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Look for “Posts” and select it.
- Turn on the option for “Hide Like and View Counts.“
Hide likes on your Instagram post before sharing it:
- On the final page before posting your Instagram photo, scroll down and select “Advanced Settings” in grey.
- Activate “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.”
How to hide likes on your Instagram post retroactively:
- Go to the post you want to hide likes on.
- Tap the three gray dots in the right-hand corner of the post.
- Select “Hide Like Count.“
After concealing like counts beneath a post, the display will indicate “liked by one user and others,” preserving a sense of privacy and putting the focus on the content itself.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to hiding likes on Instagram:
Q: Why did Instagram introduce the option to hide like and view counts?
A: Instagram introduced this feature in 2021 to enhance users’ experience by allowing them to focus on content without being influenced by the popularity metrics associated with likes and view counts.
Q: Can I hide like and view counts on other users’ posts in my Instagram feed?
A: Yes, you can. Open your Instagram profile, select the three black lines in the upper right corner, go to “Settings,” choose “Posts,” and turn on the option for “Hide Like and View Counts.”
Q: Can I hide likes on my own Instagram posts before sharing them?
A: Yes, you can hide likes on your own posts before sharing. On the final page before posting your Instagram photo, scroll down, select “Advanced Settings” in grey, and turn on “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.”
Q: Is it possible to hide likes on my existing Instagram posts retroactively?
A: Yes, you can hide likes on your existing posts retroactively. Go to the post you want to modify, tap the three gray dots in the right-hand corner, and select “Hide Like Count.”
Q: What happens after I hide like counts on a post?
A: After hiding like counts, the post will display “liked by one user and others,” preserving a level of privacy and shifting the focus to the content itself.
Q: Can I selectively hide likes on specific posts, or is it an all-or-nothing setting?
A: You have the flexibility to choose which posts to hide likes on. Whether it’s for your entire feed or specific posts, the option allows for customization based on your preferences.
Q: Does hiding like counts affect how others interact with my posts?
A: No, hiding like counts does not impact how others interact with your posts. Users can still like and engage with your content, but the specific like count will be hidden.
Q: Can I revert back to displaying like counts after hiding them?
A: Yes, you have the option to revert to displaying like counts. Simply go to the post, tap the three gray dots, and select the option to “Show Like Count.”
- Photos App Lapse Tops the App Store By Forcing You…
- Teen-Targeted TikTok Steroid Ads Have Gone Viral
- Exploring Your Interests: How to View Liked Posts on…
- Spotify Wrapped 2023 Introduces AI DJ and Blend
- What Happens When You Restrict Someone on Instagram?
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Update Instagram
- A Comprehensive Guide on How to Check In on Facebook
- You Can Now Download Instagram Reels
- WhatsApp Releases a New Interface Similar to Instagram
- What is Vanish Mode on Instagram?