How to Reset Your Apple TV Remote
To navigate your Apple TV and watch your favorite content, the Apple TV remote is a stylish and useful tool. However, a fast reset could be the answer if you ever discover that your remote is functioning strangely or is unresponsive. We’ll show you how to easily reset your Apple TV remote in this blog post so you can resume effortlessly managing your entertainment.
Identify Your Apple TV Remote
Before proceeding with the reset, it’s important to identify which Apple TV remote you have. Apple offers two types of remotes: the Siri Remote (with a touch-sensitive surface) and the Apple TV Remote (with a clickable touch-pad). The reset process varies slightly between the two.
Resetting the Siri Remote
1. For the Siri Remote, locate the Menu button (top-left) and the Volume Up button (top-right).
2. Press and hold both the Menu and Volume Up buttons simultaneously for about six seconds.
3. Release the buttons when you see a light on the front of the remote flash rapidly, indicating that the reset is complete.
Resetting the Apple TV Remote (Clickable Touch-pad)
1. For the Apple TV Remote with a clickable touch-pad, locate the Menu button (top-left) and the Play/Pause button (bottom-left).
2. Press and hold both the Menu and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for about six seconds.
3. Release the buttons when the LED light on the front of the remote flashes rapidly.