How to Record Spatial Video on iPhone 15 Pro in iOS 17.2
Exciting news for iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max users! The latest iOS 17.2 update introduces a groundbreaking feature – the ability to shoot spatial videos tailored for Apple’s upcoming Vision Pro headset. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to enable and record spatial video on iPhone 15 Pro. This innovative format promises an immersive, almost three-dimensional viewing experience.
Preparing for Vision Pro:
While the Vision Pro headset is set to launch in March 2024, you can get a head start by creating spatial videos with your iPhone. These videos are optimized for the Vision Pro, offering a unique viewing experience that goes beyond conventional video formats.
How to Enable Spatial Video:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Select “Camera Formats.”
- Scroll down to “Video Capture” and toggle the switch for “Spatial Video for Apple Vision Pro.”
Recording Spatial Video:
- Ensure your iPhone is stable and in landscape mode for optimal recording.
- Open the Camera app and switch to Video recording.
- Look for the Vision Pro headset symbol in the viewfinder.
- Tap the icon to enter spatial video mode.
- Press the red record button to start capturing your spatial video.
Key Features of Spatial Video:
- Spatial memories are stored in a compact file size, utilizing advanced computational videography techniques and HEVC compression.
- Record at 30 frames per second at 1080p, consuming approximately 130MB of storage for one minute of film.
Discovering and Syncing Spatial Films:
- Find all your spatial videos in a dedicated “Spatial” album within the Photos app.
- Enjoy seamless syncing across all your devices via iCloud.
With iOS 17.2, Apple has paved the way for a revolutionary visual experience with spatial videos. Take advantage of this feature on your iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max, and capture unique moments that will come to life on the Vision Pro headset when it arrives in early 2024. The future of immersive video awaits – start creating your spatial memories today!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – How to Record Spatial Video on iPhone 15 Pro in iOS 17.2:
Q1: What is spatial video, and how does it differ from regular video?
A1: Spatial video is a unique format optimized for immersive, almost three-dimensional viewing experiences. When viewed on Apple’s upcoming Vision Pro headset, spatial videos deliver a more engaging visual experience compared to regular videos.
Q2: When is the Apple Vision Pro headset expected to be released?
A2: The Apple Vision Pro headset is scheduled for release in March 2024.
Q3: Can I shoot spatial videos on older iPhone models?
A3: As of iOS 17.2, the ability to shoot spatial videos is specifically available on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max models.
Q4: How much storage space does a spatial video consume?
A4: Spatial videos, recorded at 30 frames per second at 1080p, consume approximately 130MB of storage space for one minute of footage.
Q5: How do I enable spatial video on my iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max?
A5: To enable spatial video, go to the Settings app, select “Camera Formats,” scroll down to “Video Capture,” and toggle the switch for “Spatial Video for Apple Vision Pro.”
Q6: Can I watch spatial videos on my iPhone?
A6: Yes, you can watch spatial videos on your iPhone, and they will appear like regular videos in the Photos app. However, the optimal viewing experience is on the Apple Vision Pro headset.
Q7: Where can I find my spatial videos on the Photos app?
A7: All spatial videos are conveniently stored in a dedicated “Spatial” album within the Photos app.
Q8: Will my spatial videos sync across all my devices?
A8: Yes, spatial videos will sync across all your devices via iCloud, allowing you to access and enjoy them seamlessly on different Apple devices.
These answers provide a general overview, and it’s recommended to stay updated with Apple’s official resources for any specific changes or additional features related to spatial video shooting on iOS devices.