If you are a student then you must thank Spotify for bringing such a great offer for you.
Popular online music streaming apps like Saavn, Airtel music, YouTube Music has a paid subscription criteria for downloading and listening to ad-free music.
Students are always keen on listening to music and most of them can’t afford to buy premium subscription plans.
Spotify has come up with a great offer for students that is going to help them listen to premium music by paying less.
Under this attempt, students can avail a 50% discount for the 1-month premium subscription.
Students should be from an accredited university or college and must be above 18 years of age.
Register Through A Web Browser
The only thing you have to do is to register for the free trial under the student discount section.
Moreover, it is important to know that the only way to register for the student plan is through the web browser. The app doesn’t bear this feature yet.
Follow these steps to register for the student subscription plan
- Open Spotify.com in your preferred web browser.
- Login or Sign Up if you don’t have a registered Spotify account.
- Under the profile section (top right corner) select account.
- On the left column select subscription.
- Inside subscription, select “Try Premium Free”.
- Select “Change plan” under the “Your plan” section.
- Scroll down and select “Get Student”.
The Spotify team will verify your enrollment status through a third-party service called SheerID and within 3 to 4 business days your student free trial account will be activated.
- Confirm your student verification by filling up the required details.
- Upload one of your identification certificate or College ID card not older than 3 months of issue date in the form of .jpg, .png, .pdf, .gif or .rtf file.
The Subscription Amount
Spotify has a regular premium subscription of INR 119/month and after discount, students can get this subscription for INR 59/month.
Try it and tell me how was your experience? I am personally using it and it’s great.
Spotify has the largest music collection than any online music streaming app in India. So, finding your favorite music is not going to cost you any issue.
You will also like: Short but a detailed review of the Youtube Music App