If your site is built on WordPress then logging in and out becomes a recurring schedule for you. And if you have a long email address or username as well as a complex password then typing them each time you log in consumes time. But WordPress offers you a plugin called Keyy that lets you log into your WordPress site with a wave of your phone.
Actually, Keyy is mobile cryptography (Communication Security or Mobile Security) in which a private key is created and stored on the user’s mobile phone or tablet.
If you want to learn more about cryptography you can go through this simple guide by Wikipedia.
There are three major steps involved in implementing Keyy. First installing and activating the WordPress plugin. Second, installing the Keyy app on your android or iOs device. And, third, merging the plugin with the app.
Installing and Activating the Plugin
- Go to the add plugin section and search for Keyy.
- Install the Keyy plugin. (Refer to the image)
- Activate it.
- As soon as you activate the plugin you will be redirected to the installed plugin section.
- If not, go to it manually.
- Look for “Keyy Two Factor Authentication” and click on settings.
Installing the Keyy App on your Phone
- The Keyy app is available on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store.
- Install the app, register with your e-mail address and create a 4-digit passcode.
- Tap the camera icon to scan the QR code.
- You can find the QR code in the settings section of the Keyy plugin.
Merging the Plugin with the App
- As soon as you scan the QR code with the app camera, the plugin will get connected with the app.
- All done. Next time you log in to your WordPress site just scan the wave with your phone.
- It is important to take a backup of your private key in case you lose it accidentally.
- If you want to remove the Keyy login method, make sure to select “Disconnect from my key app” option first before deactivating the plugin. You will get that option in the settings section of the plugin.
- Also, delete the site access from the app by tapping the three-dot icon on the main screen. Lastly, uninstall the app if you don’t want to unnecessarily eat up your mobile’s precious storage space.